Monday, November 22, 2010

Cross Fit Workout (twice)

I talked to Rob a little bit the other day, and he's psyched to get me fit enough to take part in the Cross Fit Games - after checking the website out, I must say I'm psyched and I think it will improve my climbing.

Today I met up with Rob in the morning at the Rush where I did a small workout:
12 back squats (w/ a 45 pound bar) - 3 sets
12 shoulder push press (w/ a 45 pound bar)- 3 sets
10 sumo high pulls (w/ a 45 pound bar) - 3 sets

Then did:
15 kettle bell swings (20 pound kettle bell)
10 box jumps
(4 sets; you do the first exercise then the second one and repeat)

I had to work at TBA at 4pm
and Rob came in to help train the team kids around 5pm
all of us went outside and did the following:
We were paired up with another person so while one was doing the running the other was doing the other exercise

Set 1:
run there and back in the parking lot (80 yards maybe) x2
push ups

Set 2:
run there and back in the parking lot x2
squats

Set 3:
run there and back in the parking lot x2
dips

Set 4:
run there and back in the parking lot x2
box jumps

When we were done, we did lunges there and back in the parking lot
My legs are going to be sore tomorrow, I KNOW IT!!

Now I'm going to climb at the gym, since we have 60 new problems,
I'm hoping to do all the reds (recreational), greens (beginner), yellows (intermediate) and then try all the blues (advance)...

No comments:

Post a Comment