Saturday, June 14, 2014

Cape Town - First few days!

I spent about 3 weeks in the United States before I departed on my next trip... 
My 3 weeks in the States went by pretty fast and I visited several places...


Kajtek - my dad's cat


Boulder, CO - 3 days
Chicago, IL - 6 days
Lexington, KY / RRG - 4 days
Knoxville, TN - 4 days 
Chattanooga, TN - 6 days


Me figuring out the moves on Swingline

In Chattanooga I was able to hang out with my former climbing team and I took them climbing for two days.  It was a lot of fun, but really hot and humid! But we made the best of it and had an amazing time! 

Lil Nate battling at the top of one of the routes we did

And then on Tuesday June 10th Jimmy, Nathan and I got on a place in Chattanooga on our way to South Africa.  We unfortunately missed our flight in Amsterdam due to a delay of our Atlanta flight.  This delay added on an extra 12 hours to our trip, but we finally made it and went climbing right when we landed! 

View from the first day of climbing

 Moon rise on the first day 

We went climbing the following day as well, but we first went and got some amazing breakfast, after which we went to the airport to pick up Lisa Chulich.  We then hiked out to yet another amazing area! 

 Creamy Scrambled Eggs

Croque Madame

Today it started to rain and it's suppose to rain some tomorrow but then the weather looks like it will be getting better! On the 16th we pick up Daniel and we will have another 10 days in Cape Town before we head to Rocklands! 


I was able to compile a small video of Jimmy climbing over the past two days, and like it mentioned it rained today, so I had a lot of free time! Hope y'all enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment